What is HomeAway Assure?

HomeAway Assure by CBIZ is a tailor-made insurance to protect against the hazards specific to your business. CBIZ can issue a policy in less than 30 minutes

CBIZ is a publicly traded financial company focusing on Insurance, Consulting and Accounting. CBIZ is the 15th largest property and casualty broker in the country, representing over 300 insurance carriers. CBIZ insures properties in every state including Alaska and Hawaii. They have insured Vacation Rental Properties since 2002.

HomeAway Assure can cover the following types of Vacation Rental properties:
  • Single Family Homes
  • Townhomes
  • Duplex
  • Condo
  • Ranches
  • Yurts
  • Teepees
  • Tree Houses

What if I live at the property, do I need 2 separate policies: a Homeowners Policy and a Commercial Policy?

No, with the CBIZ program, if you reside in the same building as the vacation rental, a building on the same property, or a building on an adjacent property to the Vacation Rental, they will provide you with your personal insurance coverage; a cost savings tool as you will not need to purchase a separate Homeowners policy.

How do I determine the dollar amount I should use for my building coverage?

The building limit should be the cost to rebuild the building not the market value of the property. CBIZ can help you determine the rebuild value of your building using a sophisticated cost per square foot calculator. You can I reach CBIZ at https://vacationrentalinsurance.cbiz.com or 888-883-5696.

How do I determine the dollar amount I should use for my contents coverage?

When deciding on the amount of contents coverage you need, determine what it would cost to go out and replace all of your contents tomorrow without the benefit of great sales or bargains and use this figure for your contents amount. Any item used to service or maintain your building is considered part of building coverage and should not be included in your contents amount; such as a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, light fixtures, and counter tops.

I have a swimming pool, do I have coverage?

Yes, Liability Coverage extends to your swimming pool and other amenities such as:
  • Hot Tubs
  • Non-motorized Watercraft
  • Docks & Piers
  • Beach Area
  • Fishing
  • Picnic Area
  • Exercise Equipment
  • Bicycles
  • Cross Country Skiing